Thursday, June 7, 2012

I didn't realize Claremont news could come from NYC

There's yet another website in town that says they cover local news from Claremont and La Verne. I'm not going to mention their name because that would be giving them too much publicity.

But I cannot help but smile about this.

You see, they are owned by a huge corporate company that has other "local" websites around the country. Each website is the same, expect for the content. But they all look and work the same. Their corporate headquarters is also in New York City.

Earlier this week I got a call from someone updating a business directory that will be on their site. They asked me canned questions about the COURIER. They then asked me to say something about our business. So I said, "The COURIER is Claremont's number one source of information in print and online."

There was silence on the other end.

Then I was just asked another question as if nothing happened. So I finally asked where this nice gentleman caller was from. He said Manhattan. I kind of snickered saying "Oh, Manhattan Beach is very nice," thinking this guy was not even close to Claremont.

"No, I'm from Manhattan."

He was calling from NYC.

"Do you know where Claremont is?" I asked.

"Somewhere in California," he said.

Glad we got that straight.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and helpful information for me and I like its worthy look. Keep it up!

    Business Directory

    ReplyDelete